It’s still a buyers’ market in Southwest Colorado, though the needle is steadily moving toward balance with sellers’ interests. Here’s a quick availability check of available vacant properties for sale around the region:
- 81 vacant lots for sale, some are commercial
- Prices range from $115,000 – $560,000 for the bulk of the residential properties
Durango (north – mountain area)
- 116 vacant lots for sale
- Prices ranges from $49,900 for .2 acres to nearly $8 million for over 160 acres
Other areas near Durango, Breen, Bayfield, south La Posta, etc. have solid availability and a wide range of prices
Telluride (in-town and Mountain Village)
- 96 vacant lots for sale
- Prices range from $87,000 to $7.5 million
- Expanding a search to Wilson Mesa, Rico and surrounding areas generously expands opportunities
Pagosa Springs (including in-town, Pagosa Lakes, West and North)
- The Pagosa area was hard hit by the real estate bubble and is still trying hard to recover. For a buyer, there are extraordinary deals for all types of properties.
- 475 vacant lots for sale (a limited number are commercial)
- Prices range from $2,900 for .11 acres in Pagosa Lakes to $1.255 million for 253 acres north of Pagosa
Thanks to the Wells Group of Durango and Telluride Real Estate Brokers for the use of their online MLS tools. Black Canyon Builders is not directly affiliated with either of these businesses, but we appreciate the open sourcing of their MLS listings!